Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Conditional Formatting of a custom field only if the project status is CUR.

Level 6

I have a program level custom field that I would like to highlight red on a project report IF the status of the project is Current. Any way to do this? I'd like to do it in the report rather than create a custom field. I'm also thinking this may not be possible to do because the field is at the program level not the project level. Feedback appreciated. Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi - you can reference program level data in a project report easily and conditional formatting is easy too (as long as you only have one condition you are looking at.

Step 1: the field

• Since it is a project report, you should be able to add the field through the report wizard itself. Just type the name in the field area. If you don't see it, just pick a project field first and then do the optional step 3 (My recommendation is just Project Name again)

Step 2: conditional formatting

• While still having that column selected, click on Advanced Option in the upper right hand corner. You will see an option for custom label, but underneath that is "add a rule" for conditional formatting. Click that.
  • By default it will have the column you have selected in the filter, but you can remove that by clicking the little X. You will then select Status (under Project) and then equals Current. Make sure you hit the Done button first before you hit the Save and Close button for the whole report (as sometimes the formatting doesn't actually save).

Step 3: If program's custom form didn't show up in field library

• Once you have finished the conditional formatting, go to Switch to Text Mode
  • Look for the valuefield= line as this is what you will change. If you did project name, it will be valuefield=name. Remove name and put program, then a colon, and then the name of your custom field. It has to be exact casing and spacing. Like I have one called Finance Code, so it would be valuefield=program:Finance Code

Let me know if that helps :)

Level 6

Hi, Thanks for the response. I had gotten that far though :-) I want to make the formatting conditional on the status of the project. If project status is Current AND the program level custom field is blank, then highlight the cell red. Right now my condition is If blank highlight red.