Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Conditional Formatting - Compare dates but ignore times.

Level 1

Hi, I've set up conditional formatting in a report, that compares a specific task planned completion date and the project planned completion date. If they don't match, the row is colored red. Currently, the formatting is applied if the date values match, but the time differs. I only want the formatting to be applied based on if the two dates differ, not when the dates match but the time is different. Any suggestions on accomplishing this? Thanks!

4 Replies

Level 3

Edit the report -> Select the Date for each field -> Click Adavanced Options in the upper right.

Field Format drop down, select the date that does not show the time.

ElliotLeson_0-1664566787594.png

Level 1

Thanks for the suggestion @ElliotLeson - I believe this just controls how the date is displayed, but is not affecting the conditional formatting.  The dates on the report are currently displaying as MM/DD/YY, but the conditional formatting is highlighting the row if the 2 dates being compared have the same date, but different times. 

Community Advisor

hey I'm not super great at editing reports so for me probably the simplest way to do this is by putting calculated fields on the project and task levels that clear the time (you can get some ideas from this link https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/calculated-custom-data/cal... ) and then compare those calculated fields to each other. I'm reasonably sure that you could probably also go into text mode to compare these but honestly sometimes people feel like that's not worth the blood, sweat and tears.

Will leave it to you to decide! Certainly worth buying professional hours and making one of the clever workfront consultants noodle out a valueexpression if you would like that better!

Hi @SeanIngber,

Although I've not tested it, when performing your date comparisons for conditional formatting, it might be possible to either use the CLEARTIME (which drops the time component, similar to this post) on fields being compared, and/or to create a custom parameter on the Task in question that does a DATEDIFF (e.g. in days; > 0 = "different) off which you could then (more easily) set the custom formatting.

Regards,

Doug