Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Comments on logged time in hour report

Level 1
People are mostly using the log time in the Updates tab, on the task itself. They often enter comments, with the - Comment link once their time is logged. Is there a way to have those comments in an hour report? Roxanne Thomas NOVO
2 Replies

Level 8
Hey Roxanne, If they are leaving comments on the actual hour, you can build a report to see their notes. Create a new hour report by going to Reporting > Reports > + New Report > Hour Report. For the Columns, I use Owner > Name, Hour Type > Name, Project > Name, Hour > Entry Date, Hour > Hours, and Hour > Description ("description" changes to "notes"). I then go into Report Settings and add a prompt by clicking on Report Prompts > + Add a Prompt. I then choose Hour > Entry Date & Owner > Name for my prompts. This allows me to narrow down by employee name and date range for the time report. Hope this helps! Brooke Vaughan Rockfish Interactive Corporation

Level 1
Thank you so much for your reply! I was very exited to try your idea, but, it seems like the ' Hour > Description' doesn't quite grabe the comments I was hoping for. In fact, nothing shows in my report in the new colomn, so I suspect it is entirely something else, something we do not seem to use for commenting on a task. But still, thank you for your time Roxanne Thomas NOVO