Expand my Community achievements bar.

Column with Calculated Field - Render Field as Clickable HTML Link

Level 6
SITUATION: I have a calculated field that concatenates a field value with a hyperlink, to make a clickable hyperlink directly to a page (I put a Ticket Number into one field, and then the calculated field takes the ticket number and combines it with a URL structure, so I have a direct link to the Ticket). The custom field is a calculated field, format Text. WHAT I WANT: I want the field to render as a clickable HTML hyperlink in the report, instead of a text string. The default URL field renders this way in reports. On the object pages, it renders with a hyperlink. But not in reports. -- Here's the text mode of my columns valuefield=Ticket Link querysort=DE:Ticket Link valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=Ticket Link The URL field renders as valuefield=url querysort=url valueformat=HTML displayname= linkedname=direct namekey=url -- I tried changing the value format from "customDataLabelsAsString" to "HTML" but that caused the field to be blank in my report. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you so much! Vincent Goodwin The Capital Group Companies
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

21 Replies

Level 2

Hello Seth,

Did you end up getting this to work for external URLs as well?

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:IA Template URL}),"","Click Here")

link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(IA Template URL)

textmode=true

valueformat=HTML

displayname=URL in Custom Field (Custom Text)

This is what you had but how do I get it to work with any link I want to put in? Like if I wanted to create a custom column using this that linked to www.google.com but showing as Google, how would I accomplish this?

Thank you,

David