Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Column that displays date report was run?

Level 9

Is there a way to add in a column to any report of (right now) so that when we create a report and export it, it shows the date in a column?

i.e. I want to be able to see what you'd see in the title of a file, so when I'm looking in an excel document I can know when the report was run/exported.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Thanks for the tag (and the challenge) @Sheri_Whitten: yes, I did figure out a solution.

@Christina_Jarosz, to make a view include the current date and time (for exporting purposes), I invite you to add a column with the following text mode:

valueexpression=$$NOW
valueformat=fullAtDate
displayname=Current Date And Time

Which will then look like this:

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1674683380863.png

Regards,

Doug

cc: note to self @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore 

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

We use the Last Viewed By: Name and the Last Viewed Date - these are native fields in the Report report type. Is that what you're looking for?

Sheri_Whitten_0-1670246576655.png

Level 9

Thanks Sheri! I'm looking to display the time/date stamp of the current minute.

I want to be able to see, on an excel in a column, this report was exported on xyz date at xyz time.

The reports may have been viewed/edited etc multiple times. But if I am running multiple reports, I want to know that 'this data was pulled on Monday, 12/06 or Thursday, 12/01 for example. 

Community Advisor

Ah ok, I see what you're looking for. I don't know how to do that straight from Workfront. I wonder if maybe @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore has an idea that would work for you - any thoughts, Doug?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Thanks for the tag (and the challenge) @Sheri_Whitten: yes, I did figure out a solution.

@Christina_Jarosz, to make a view include the current date and time (for exporting purposes), I invite you to add a column with the following text mode:

valueexpression=$$NOW
valueformat=fullAtDate
displayname=Current Date And Time

Which will then look like this:

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1674683380863.png

Regards,

Doug

cc: note to self @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore 

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use

Community Advisor

Nice! Another great solution solution  So thankful for your expertise, Doug!!