Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Changing the layout template of someone who is on classic experience, whilst you are in the New Workfront Experience

Level 3

I am an admin user using the NWE and I am trying to change the layout template for someone who is yet to be migrated. It seems they do not see the change in their layout template unless I switch back to the Classic View. Is this the expected behaviour, or is this a bug?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Confirming that the layouts are separate between Classic and NWE. As an admin if you will need to switch between Classic and NWE to make the layout changes.

I found out through support in Case Number 00225168 when doing our migration.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 8

I found I had to create a layout template for a user in classic whilst I myself was in classic. Otherwise, the layout template is a NWE template and won't be applied to your user until they are in the NWE. Until I had everyone transferred over I named my layout templates 'Classic' or 'NWE' accordingly.

Level 10

We had to use separate NWE and Classic layout templates. Seemed NWE layout templates are mutually exclusive to Classic layout templates. Or at least that's how they appeared to act for us.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Confirming that the layouts are separate between Classic and NWE. As an admin if you will need to switch between Classic and NWE to make the layout changes.

I found out through support in Case Number 00225168 when doing our migration.