Expand my Community achievements bar.

Change assignment based on status change?

Level 6
OK i'm not seeing a way to do this and haven't seen it come up in the forums so i'm going to ask it. What i'm looking to do is change the team assigned to an issue based on the selected status of the issue. The flow i'm trying to create is Account submits issue request PM receives issue request and either approves / rejects it - If approved the PM can change the status to - Ready for X Team - That team would have a dashboard report looking for all issues assigned to their teams that met any specific status requirements Right now i can change the status but the issue is still assigned to the original recipient. I'm not seeing a way to do this simply through the system with out building an api hook to catch all issues with status of X and then change the assignment to Team.A any thoughts or am i looking at this wrong? Ryan Carroll Integrated Marketing Services
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Ryan, Yeah I don't think there's an automated way to do that in native WF. We would use the API to do something like that. But perhaps you use the same report/dashboard type solution for the PM to view the tickets and bulk edit the status and assignment together in blocks?

Level 6
I'm trying to get this done via the API now, but my challenge is finding the assigned team via the api. When i run a get against the issues, i can find the issue's i'm looking for based on status and return all the associated objects. any pointers on the object i should be looking for here ? Ryan Carroll Integrated Marketing Services

Level 10
Hi Ryan, It seems to me the request should just be assigned to the team by the PM after evaluation. By doing this, the team will receive a team work request that appears to come from the PM, but still has the requester as the primary contact. At that point, it's up to the team to determine who the request should be assigned to. It turns out, I'm devoting 20 minutes to managing work requests in WFPro Live #5 today at around 1:35 ("https://ddh.my.workfront.com/report/public/view?publicToken=x6u1T7zd_sQJHompK_ZvSo06axeidPcnfQ13hCdm62Okgp2lgIwVBYGvr2zgnH5w50EY17JgJBvzaww4VGL36lnL85RE28jm&endcap" agenda here ). If you can make it, I'll be logging an issue and showing how to move it through the process. Thanks, Narayan Narayan Raum Workfront Delivery Lead - SunTrust Bank https://wf-pro.com for Text Mode & Solutions

Level 10
Hi Ryan, The field name would be teamID. The logic would be teamID=[team guid]. I typically find the Team GUID by going to Setup > Teams > select the Team then copy the GUID from the URL. I'm sure there's a better way to get that GUID, but I don't use it often enough to justify the time to find it �� . Is that what you were looking for?