Expand my Community achievements bar.

Centralised Leave / "Time-Off" Management - Feature Request

Level 10
I just sumitted the following feature request today. Keen for any other feedback/suggestions from other users. ... Our company already uses a payroll system where employees submit leave requests (sick leave and annual/vacation leave) which are reviewed and approved by managers. Workfront has "Time Off" screens for each user where they can set the days when they are not available (on leave etc). Managers can also set these "time off" days on behalf of users. Our feature request is for the following changes: 1. Streamline the interface so that system administrators and/or managers can view and input approved time off for all users via the one screen, rather than having to move user-by-user. 2. Provide a configuration option to restrict some/all users to have view-only access to their time off screen so that they cannot add or delete any entries. 3. Optionally allow them to comment on the leave entries to discuss with their manager. With Workfront's current functionality, our management are concerned because they don't want the "time-off" in Workfront to get out of sync with our payroll system. Ideally we would really like to integrate the systems but the above functionality would be OK for the interim. ...
1 Reply

Level 4
These seem reasonable. The Time-off functionality poses several challenges, especially for a Project Manager, and I hope they work to add some features/functionality to enhance this area in the future. It currently has too large an impact on task dates and can lead to a lot of scheduling frustration.