Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Can you tie a risk/issue to a risk/issue in another project?

Level 6
We've successfully linked an issue/risk to a task in another project but it would be ideal to be able to link it to another risk/issue in another project. Is this possible?
5 Replies

Level 8
You do have the ability to link an issue to a project. Under "Issue Actions" select "Copy". This will open another box where you put in the project name and then the issue will be linked to that project. In Reply to Laura Ray:
We've successfully linked an issue/risk to a task in another project but it would be ideal to be able to link it to another risk/issue in another project. Is this possible?

Level 7
Heck, it'd be nice to link an issue to another issue on the same project.

Level 6
Ok, I've tested this. When the issue you've copied to another project is marked as resolved it doesn't do anything to the original issue, nor does it notify either project owners. I wonder if there's any way to achieve this with custom forms?

Level 7
When you copy an Issue to another project (as an issue), and either issue is closed, it seems the PM of the corresponding issue DOES receive an email. I believe that when you "copy" an Issue, it does just that - copies it only, and has no linkage back to the original issue. If you're looking to have the original issue closed when the new issue is closed, I don't believe that is possible.

Level 6
Ok, thanks Greg, that's what I thought. I was playing in the sandbox so I wasn't sure about the email notification so at least that's something. Hopefully they add this to WF at some point.