Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can you make New Workfront Experience default for new users?

Level 4

We auto-provision new employees into Workfront with Review licenses. They are automatically being put into the Classic interface. Is there a system setting where I can have any new user automatically get assigned to NWE? On the flipside, is there a way to assign a user to NWE when I'm doing bulk User edits? Or can I only update users to NWE within New Experience under Setup? I know I can assign groups and teams, so that's great, but would be super helpful to be able to edit when I'm already doing other user profile edits.

Any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hey Heather!

You can submit a request to support and they can "flip a switch" on the backend that will default everything to NWE, so all new users will be in the new experience automatically. The caveat with that is that once that happens though, everything is switched to the new experience and you can't switch back to classic anymore.

Kyna

Level 4

Thanks, Kyna! We aren't quite ready to flip the switch yet, but this is really helpful information. I think for now I'll just assign users to a NWE group and use that when I'm updating user profiles.

Appreciate the help! 😊

Level 4

You can also flip the switch an individual at at ime or a group at a time in the back office by dropping names over to the New Experience column. Any ADMIN can do this.

Level 4

Thank you for your response. Yes, I already use the New Experience area in Setup to enroll users. I was looking for an easier way to move people over when they get auto-provisioned into Workfront. I do a bulk edit on new users and update access levels, layout templates, etc, and was hoping there was something within the user profile so I could easily just update that as well, without having to go into another screen. So I think adding the users to a specific group will be the easiest way to go about doing this.

Thanks!