Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can you hide a custom form?

Level 7
We want to add a custom form to all issues that are entered for a project, but we don't want to show the custom form to the client when they add an Issue. Can this be done? Interestingly I just looked at my Preview environment and it looks like they are adding "sharing" to the forms that I'm assuming will solve this. Hopefully it will be released soon.
6 Replies

Level 3
Edit the form, add a Section Break at the top of form if there isn't one. Then, go to Field Settings>Additional settings. This where you can tell Workfront who gets to see or edit the contents of everything below the Section Break. Even for those you prevent viewing the contents, the form name will still appear in Custom Forms, however.

Level 7
this is a start, but even beyond the form name, they also will see all the field names under the section, they just don't have the ability to enter data into the field it seems.

Level 3
If we set the Additional Settings>In order to VIEW this section, people must have permissions...Admin Only and In order to EDIT this section, people must have permission to...Admin Only, people who are not admins only see the name of the form, not the Section Break name or the field names below that.

Level 10
Hi Robert. As it sounds like the OOTB options to hide and show certain portions of your Custom Forms are not quite what you're after, I invite you to consider our Overlay Custom Data (OCD) solution. It restricts Custom Data so that users in different Groups see only the Parameters they need (either edit / read only / or hidden..down to the Parameter level), which reduces training time, improves navigation, and simplifies data entry. Regards, Doug

Level 7
Robert, I think I see now the difference. If the user goes in through REQUESTS and submits it that way, they do not see the fields on the form, just the form name. If they add an Issue while on the project, that's when they see all the field names within the form. It's probably a bug of some sort.

Level 10
I've tested Robert's setup and it works as he specified - changed to Admin Only and my other users can't view the fields in the section in an issue that was submitted.