Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

#AdvancedStuff Textmode Tricks

Level 10
With assists going to my fellow contributors Eric L and Anthony I in this "https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/post=3967#p3967">inspiring thread this morning, I would like to introduce a new concept within this Workfront Community forum, with this thread being the first. By inventing the #AdvancedStuff prefix, I intend to simultaneously: warn those just starting out with Workfront that the thread might have high degree of difficulty so they can steel their nerves (or quietly ignore it until they are ready) provide a searcheable tag for tech junkies to locate and exchange what is arguably the messiest, most intersting bits of information as we collectively share our knowledge The words following that prefix -- in this case, Textmode Tricks -- then set the scope for the thread, which in this inaugural case, I am proposing we use to create a one-stop-shop for the dozens (if not hundreds) of cool little tips we've taught ourselves to Do More with textmode in views, groupings, and reports. With those house rules in mind, I will paste the first tip below momentarily to set the style. Thanks for playing along! Regards, Doug
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Textmode Trick 001: How To Compare two Fields in a Filter You can filter on Tasks where the Planned Completion Date is less than the Projected Completion Date (in other words, "it's starting to slip") in a filter using a special keyword called FIELD like this: plannedCompletionDate= FIELD: projectedCompletionDate plannedCompletionDate_Mod=lt Regards, Doug

Level 6
Awesome stuff Doug!!! Laura Ray Project Support Analyst Bakkavor Information Systems Bakkavor Group West Marsh Road, Spalding, Lincolnshire, PE11 2BB, UK Direct: +44 (0)1775 763 010 www.Bakkavor.com // Laura.Ray@Bakkavor.com< [cid:image002.png@01D2256A.59BA5330]

Level 8
Thanks for starting this thread, Doug. I have a lot to contribute!

Level 2
Hi Doug, This is super helpful - thanks for posting! I was wondering if this text mode trick could also be applied to a column rule. In my report, I'm trying to bold the projects where actual hours is greater than planned hours. I was able to update the column rule to show the field relationship that I want (project actual hours > project planned hours) but when I view the report nothing is bolded even though there are projects where this rule should apply. Is this possible or is there another text mode edit that needs to be included for the column rule to apply? Thanks! Amanda

Level 10
Textmode Trick 002: How to display cross project predecessor tasks If you have cross-project predecessors on tasks, you can display the project name (or other project attributes) in a column of the view using this: displayname=Predecessor Project Name listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(predecessors).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({isCP}="true",{predecessor}.{project}.{name}) valueformat=HTML