Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can you filter a Timesheet report based on Hours object fields?

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

Does anyone know if it's possible to filter a Timesheet object report based on Hours object fields?

For example, I want to run a Timesheet report, and see the Total Hours for a given week, and filter out any hours that belong to specific tasks.

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

I feel like an EXISTS statement would do it, but the problem appears to be that I can't find a way to link from the Timesheet object to the Hours object (where I can reference the taskID field for filtering). Looks like an issue with not being able to reference data from child objects, meaning I can't go down table levels, and can only go up.

I believe recreating my timesheet report as an hour report would make this a lot easier; however, in that case, I'll need to try and adapt a custom calculated column I create on a Timesheet report to work on an Hour report. Haven't been able to do that yet.

Level 10

Hi Nick,

I might be on the right track with the EXISTS: each Hour has an (optional) timesheetID on it, by which you could return only certain Timesheets with hours that match (EXISTS) or do not match (NOTEXISTS) some other Hour-based criteria (such as taskID "in" some list of special Tasks).

Alternatively, in case we're overthinking this, you could also (more easily) build an Hours report, filter for the tasks that match (or do not match), and also Prompt and/or Group By the Timesheet. Different path, but might lead to the same mountaintop.

Regards,

Doug

Level 10

Thanks, Doug. Yeah, I feel like the Hours report is the easier (and maybe the only) way to go. I'll just need to figure out how to adapt a custom column I created on my existing Timesheet report.

Cheers. Hope you are well.

N