Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Can you create a view with both task data and custom from data in the columns?

Level 3

I am looking to be able to see both project custom form data, along with specific task data from the same project displaying in the columns of a view. The output intent is that I can view and entire portfolio of projects while seeing both key project specific custom from dates alongside the planned completion dates of milestone tasks within the projects.

I am not asking for a task report as I want these data pulls to shows a columns in a view displaying all projects in a portfolio with their data pulls of tasks and custom form info

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi - it looks like you want to use a task collection in a project report. Here are some slides from a Leap presentation I did in 2018. Hope this helps you get close to what you are looking for.

Level 3

I think this is getting close.

I've not tried the collections feature. What I'd like the column to display is the planned completion date of a task that is part of the project template. I think I can do this, but I am not entirely sure what the code would look like. For the sake of understanding. The task in the template is called "DR1 Presentation" we also have "DR2 Presentation" and "DR3 Presentation".

I'd like the columns to show the planned competition date for those 3 tasks specifically. (3 columns total DR1, DR2 and DR3).

Do you know how I would alter the code you have listed below to show that?

This column utilizes the collections feature in Workfront with an IF statement to filter the returned results:

1.Click into the blank column and paste

displayname=Tasks For The Next Week

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({plannedCompletionDate}>$$TODAY+1d && {plannedCompletionDate}<$$TODAY+1w,IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),CONCAT({name}," (",{plannedCompletionDate},") // "))))

valueformat=HTML

Level 3

@Miranda Davis (Customer)‚

You can try something along these lines..... from here you can do all kinds of mods... ie.... you can check the status, and if complete you can report the actual date instead. From there you can concatenate a status or symbol to indicate status etc......

displayname=DR1 Presentation

listdelimiter=&zwj;

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("DR1 Presentation",{name}),{plannedCompletionDate})

valueformat=html

Level 3

@Miranda Davis‚

My pleasure. From there you can check status and report based on that if you like.

Here's an example if the status is complete, report a green check along with the actual completion date, otherwise just report the planned date. Same can be used for projected completion date etc.... or you can concatenate the actual status, or just report a check without a date. The trick is that you have to be very consistent with your Task Names.

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("DR1 Presentation",{name})&&{status}="CPL",CONCAT("✔️ ",{actualCompletionDate}),IF(CONTAINS("DR1 Presentation",{name}),{plannedCompletionDate}))