Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Can we Bulk attach a template to multiple projects?

Level 5

I searched the community and found others asking for this same thing years ago and am hoping a solution has been discovered since then.

I have a lot of projects that I need to update the template on. The reason for this is we have updated the Queue Topics/Topic Groups/Routing Rules (Those who know me know that I consider those swear words, lol). The template we have does not have any tasks on it, it's simply pulling in these rules/fields and the correct custom forms. From within a project we can choose to attach template and choose the newly updated template, but I have so many I need to do this on I am hoping someone knows a way to bulk attach these to all the projects at once. It's causing issues because we discontinued a process that was used previously within the Queue Topics/Routing Rules and when someone uses a project with the old template attached it still lists the option that we discontinued.

I was hoping maybe there is a way to run a report that shows what template each project uses that would allow me to update the template from there???

Any help is appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

We also have a template w/o tasks and just has embedded request queues (Queue Topics/Topic Groups/Routing Rules), so I completely understand your situation! You could do a project report and do a filter for a specific project template or view that includes Template Name. I also wish there was a way to easily bulk-edit templates on existing projects. There are several limitations that I do not think there are solutions for but if anyone has any ideas please share!

1. You cannot remove a template once added to a project.

2. You can only report on first template used - not any secondary templates attached.

3. You cannot bulk-attach templates for multiple projects at once.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 5

We also have a template w/o tasks and just has embedded request queues (Queue Topics/Topic Groups/Routing Rules), so I completely understand your situation! You could do a project report and do a filter for a specific project template or view that includes Template Name. I also wish there was a way to easily bulk-edit templates on existing projects. There are several limitations that I do not think there are solutions for but if anyone has any ideas please share!

1. You cannot remove a template once added to a project.

2. You can only report on first template used - not any secondary templates attached.

3. You cannot bulk-attach templates for multiple projects at once.