Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can Notes and/or Attachments from Salesforce Opportunity be added to a Workfront Project via Fusion?

Level 3

My teams utilize notes and attachments sections on Salesforce Opps, sometimes, we'd like those notes/attachments to automatically be added to the Documents section of a Workfront project.

Has anyone tried this/knows if it's possible to do?

Thanks so much!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Employee

Hey Allison!

Just seeing this post again and realized we have a Fusion 2.0 group that would be a great place to ask this question!

Have you joined @Workfront Fusion 2.0‚ yet?

Thanks!

Kyna

Level 2

Hi Allison

You can definitely add notes and attachments from SF to a Workfront project. The following scenario illustrates:

0690z000008ZxWWAA0.png

The first module watches for attachments. You could do the same with notes.

The second module downloads the data, be sure to select attachment for attachment or document if it's a SF document:

0690z000008ZxWqAAK.png

The third module is where I get a projectID. This could be accomplished in many different ways like a search module that returns project ID(s).

The fourth module uploads to WF:

0690z000008ZxXyAAK.png

Notice the "Source file" field. Fusion is smart enough to recognize what modules have file outputs and you just need to select the SF download module.

Hope that helps

Level 3

Thanks Sam!

This is very helpful. I'm specifically trying to get Notes from certain Opps to be moved to certain projects, as part of an already existing scenario.

How can I integrate this? My current scenario has a trigger module already, so I can't use the "watch for record"

I'd like to take Notes from the Opp that triggers the scenario and upload it to the created project.

Thanks!

Adobe Champion

Have you used the scenario where you "search for a document vs watching a record after creating a project? I am not getting my scenario to work.

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 8.55.34 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 8.55.55 PM.png

My search module is failing as I have an attachment added to the Opportunity, but I am unsure what needs to connect to upload to the WF project in the beginning of the scenario.