Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can I set up routing rules for a request to go to a specific teammate based on responses within the request form?

Level 1

I have a request queue set up for all marketing requests, then queue topics set up under that for various types of marketing requests, such as a blog, ad, and email.

However, we have multiple locations and need requests from certain locations to go to specific teammates. Is there a way to make it so when a person fills out a specific section on a request form (if we have a choice to select location) those requests go to their respective marketing teammate assigned to that location?

4 Replies

Level 1

Hi Emily,

i have not come across any way to control routing based on values set in a custom field. The two routes of automatic routing i see available are:

• Routing based on selecting a queue topic
  • Routing based on project or task statuses.

Accordingly, the only option i would suggest is to ask the user to use a one time approval to get their project routed to someone. Sorry this might not help but is a limitation to the routing capabilities in WF. Would appreciate if you can share any useful alternatives you come up against.

Regards

Level 10

Hi Emily,

I agree with Ahmed's assessment.

Although a bit of setup and maintenance is required, what you might consider instead is to:

• add a dropdown of Those Specific Teammates
  • showing their Name as the label, and their User.ID as the value in the dropdown
  • instructing folks to select the right Specific Teammate
  • create a (single) report for each such Specific Teammate to use that filters for SpecificTeammate.ID = $$UserID, effectively "shortlisting" the data to only the items that pertain to that logged in Specific Teammate

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Hey @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore! Found your reply when searching for this exact question. Since Dynamic Boards is now a thing, here's my plan to accomplish what what the OP wanted - create a dynamic board and use an advanced filter to pull in any requests that meet the custom form field criteria I select and have it auto assign in the New column. Any pitfalls you see with that process? It seems to work the way I want it to in the preview environment, but wondered if you tried something like this already and ran into any roadblocks.

Hi @Sheri_Whitten,

I'm saving my Boards experimentation until they're accessible via the API, but from what you've described and tried in preview sounds encouraging. Perhaps you could even combine it with my previous reply to then filter the board to only those that pertain to the logged in $$USER.ID. Either way, I'm interested to hear how you make out.

Regards,

Doug