Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Can I create a filter with a cross object reference to a custom field using $$USER?

Level 2
I'm trying to create an issue-based report filter that will match a user's region (using a custom user field called "IIT Region") to the project's region, using that same field applied to the project. Is it possible to use a user-based variable ($$USER) in such a cross object reference with a custom field? These attempts don't seem to be working: DE:$$USER:IIT Region=DE:project:IIT Region DE:$$USER:IIT Region_Mod=in or DE:$$USER:ID:IIT Region=DE:project:IIT Region DE:$$USER:ID:IIT Region_Mod=in Thanks in advance! Nathan Roberts
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Alas, no, Nathan, As per this super worth-bookmarking (or short-cutting, or tattooing on your forehead so you can read it in your selfies; however you keep track...) article explains, there are a limited number of built-in aspects of $$USER exposed. Instead, I invite you to consider creating a Filter and/or providing Prompts (regular, or Custom) on your Issue report. I would not recommend copying every report for the sake of changing (only) the filter, since over time, it's likely you'll need to adjust other aspects of the report, and then curse the effort to chase it through every such copy. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 2
Thank you Doug! I really appreciate your quick answer. I actually read through that article during my research but I didn't see anything directly on point. Regardless, I trust that you know what you're talking about and I see what you mean about it being a discrete number of options. I will try to find some other way to accomplish my goal. Thanks again! Nathan Nathan Roberts