Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can a calendar be autopopulated?

Level 5
I'm trying to create a more automated system for one of our teams where projects in a specific program populate a calendar with specific information from a task when the project is set to "Current". Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.
3 Replies

Level 4
Hi - you should be able to put a filter on your calendar ("add advanced items" when you're editing the calendar) to only pull in projects where the status is Current and portfolio is also defined. Reach out if that doesn't work! Jaimeson Jaimeson Wennerstrum Periscope, Inc.

Level 5

Hi Jaimeson, That did work, but now I'm looking at some new issues. The goal is to not only pull in projects dynamically, but more specifically their tasks as those list which shows the demos are at and when. See attached screenshots and let me know if you need more detail. It looks like it's showing me start/end dates for the project rather than the task. Jazmin Allen-Collins Analog Devices, Inc.0690z000007ZiJsAAK.png

Level 4
Hi, I would combine the Project and Tasks filters, so in the Tasks, adda filters to show -Project > Portfolio ID = Tradeshows -Project > Status = Current (I always add this in, just to make sure you'd looking at active projects) -Task > Name "Contains" = demo usage -Task > Tradeshows "is not blank" -Task > Status "is not" = completed or on hold (again, just to make sure you're pulling in active tasks) Then, the calendar will only show tasks that fall in those criteria. You could defintiely still show the project timelines as well, but it sounds like the tasks in those projects is the more important part. Feel free to reach out directly if you'd like! jwennerstrum@periscope.com Cheers, Jaimeson Jaimeson Wennerstrum Periscope, Inc.