Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Calculating Difference Between Planned and Actual Revenue

Level 3
Hi All- I have a task report that currently includes Planned Revenue and Actual Revenue . I would like to add a column named Remaining Revenue that reflects the difference. I know that I can do it at the project level, but it looks like I may need some simple text to get it to work at the task level. I did have a similar column in another report in which I used simple text to reflect the difference between Planned and Actual hours, which I tried to modify, but it doesn't seem to be working for me, and I think I made a mess of it. Is there some simple text anyone could share with me that would help me add the Remaining Revenue column? Thanks! Chris Levitsky Guidemark
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 7
Have you tried this as your valueexpression in your new column? valueexpression= SUB({plannedRevenue},{actualRevenue})

Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 3
That worked...,thanks Terry! Chris Levitsky Guidemark

Level 3
Another question: What expression is needed to have the column display as currency (dollars). It currently displays as: xxx.x but I need it to display as $xxx.xx or at least as $xxx Thanks, Chris Levitsky Guidemark

Level 7
You can use valueformat=currencyStringCurrency, or if you want to round it, use valueformat=currencyStringCurrencyRounded Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services

Level 3
Thanks again Terry...I really appreciate the help. Chris Levitsky Guidemark