Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculate a specific task's value in a report

Level 2
Hello all, Is it possible to generate (through textmode, I imagine) a specific value for a task within a report? Here's what I'm trying to do: I'm building a report to show Percent Complete for milestone tasks (with milestones applied from milestone path), for each project. I want to show project name, project % complete, a few custom calculated fields, and then 4 columns to show % complete on each of the phase tasks (they're parent tasks). Something like this: ProjectName ProjectPctComp Custom1 Custom2 Initiation Planning Execution Closure Fred's Project 68.5% On Time In Phase 100% 92% 24% 0% (don't mind the #s - they're just made up for an example) I can get all the details matrix-style, but it lacks some of the other columns I need. Since I can get the details via a matrix, I figure there must be some way to filter / calculate in textmode to get there. Thanks, Aidan Aidan Grey Tri-State
6 Replies

Level 10
I think what you're asking for is covered here: https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Referencing-Collections-in-a-Report-779518987 i.e. I would have 4 milestones: Initiation, Planning, Execution and Closure. I'd run a project report and in the view, put in four columns that each reference my collection of tasks and then filter on tasks that have one of those milestones and then report on the percent complete. -skye

Level 10
Hi Aidan, Adding to what @Skye Hansen suggested, the ""https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views-collections/#milestone-tasks" Milestone Tasks " example on the WFPro Text Mode site is what you need to add milestones as columns using the task collection in your project report. Thanks, Narayan

Level 2
Thanks Skye - I'll see if I can figure it out. Aidan Grey Tri-State

Level 2
Thanks Narayan - that looks like it might help me figure iot out better! I'll post my results if I can figure it out. Aidan Grey Tri-State

Level 2
And here's what worked in the end: displayname=Initiation listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF({milestone}.{ID}="5d8d3bab00ee1f784cac358dfe7c26ab",{percentComplete},"") valueformat=asPercent Aidan Grey Tri-State

Level 3
as a side note.... if you wanted this same info on Tasks that aren't milestones.... displayname=Initiation listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(tasks).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Task Name",{name}),{percentComplete},"") valueformat=asPercent From here you can get creative Patricia Greene JLL