Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Brain freeze: How do you easily find the converted project of your request?

Level 4

What's the best way for the requester to see the converted project?

Doesn't the request have a link to the converted project in the project details section? and vice versa? I know some of my other projects show that.

Or does anyone have an idea or suggestion as to a report that shows all requests and converted projects?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In the requests area of Workfront, under the "submitted" tab, there is a column called "Converted to" which will show the resolving object (be it a task or a project), which will be the item that the request was converted into.

On the actual request itself, in the details tab, there is a field named "Resolved By" which will also show the item that the request was converted into, assuming that you are not replacing the original request with the resolvable object.

On the project that the request was converted into, there is also a field called "Converted Issue Originator" in the details tab which will show the original request details.

If the "Resolved By" field or "Coverted Issue Originator" fields are not visible for some users, check that they are not switched off on their layout templates. 

The data attribute you would use in an issue report, to show their resolving project would be Resolve Project >> Name.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

In the requests area of Workfront, under the "submitted" tab, there is a column called "Converted to" which will show the resolving object (be it a task or a project), which will be the item that the request was converted into.

On the actual request itself, in the details tab, there is a field named "Resolved By" which will also show the item that the request was converted into, assuming that you are not replacing the original request with the resolvable object.

On the project that the request was converted into, there is also a field called "Converted Issue Originator" in the details tab which will show the original request details.

If the "Resolved By" field or "Coverted Issue Originator" fields are not visible for some users, check that they are not switched off on their layout templates. 

The data attribute you would use in an issue report, to show their resolving project would be Resolve Project >> Name.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 4

Thank you Rich, great help. You've solved my issue