Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Better sharing view for Workfront reports

Level 2

Hello! Does anyone have any ideas on how to be able to view more of a report in a meeting? Right now, when we go to a conference room and share our laptops screen with a Workfront report, only about 1-2 lines of the report actually show on the screen. This seems to be because almost half of the top part of the screen is taken up by white space from the report header. Any recommendations?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

would it be possible to zoom the browser out? (ctrl-minus) If not, I would probably suggest exporting to a spreadsheet, and having someone in the meeting display that while someone else updates it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

would it be possible to zoom the browser out? (ctrl-minus) If not, I would probably suggest exporting to a spreadsheet, and having someone in the meeting display that while someone else updates it.

Level 2

Thank you, @skyehansen! That does work well! do you know if there is a way to collapse certain fields? or only show a certain number of text rows in a field in a report view?

Community Advisor

I'm not sure quite what you mean, but there are a number of posts out there that deal with paragraph fields that are too long, and people truncate these to like the first 150 characters or stuff like that. You can see an example here:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/limiting-characters-in-reports/...

Level 2

Yes!!! That is exactly what I mean, thank you!!! However, I am not sure how to make it apply to my field right now.

Right now, this is the text in the report: 

displayname=
linkedname=direct
namekey=PIM | Program Notes - Update Status
textmode=true
tile.name=component.customdata.richtextlistview
type=tile
valuefield=PIM | Program Notes - Update Status
valueformat=customDataRichTextAsString

It looks like I need to add in some sort of value expression? But I am not sure where. Is that something you are able to help with?

Community Advisor

This looks like a rich text field -- as far as I know, you will not be able to use the same sort of truncation valueexpression with these types of fields.

Have you considered using just a normal Paragraph field? you'll be able to truncate using this. I guess it comes down to what your users prioritize, but I doubt you'll be able to have it both ways.

Level 2

Ahhh I see. Bummer, I think rich text is preferred at this point.