Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Baseline Report with Text Mode filter

Level 3

Hello, all. I'm trying to create a Baseline report that displays only the baselines associated with projects that have a certain, Issue-level, custom form attached. I'm trying to use a Text Mode filter using EXISTS statements but it's not currently working. Here's what I currently have:

EXISTS:b:$$OBJCODE=PROJ

EXISTS:b:ID=FIELD:projectID

EXISTS:b:categoryID=5ece83ad03929781855ee8c61f8af101

groupID=8c8b7ce07cbbec50e0530a093a0a0f6b

groupID_Mod=in

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Ah...well spotted Sean,

The good news is that my oversight explains where we differed, and therefor received different results. The bad news it that what you're asking for is even harder.

However...

This version worked in my environment, and again, I've swapped in your GUIDs, leaving the 8c8b7ce07cbbec50e0530a093a0a0f6b Group at the Project level, but (now realizing that) the 5ece83ad03929781855ee8c61f8af101 is for an Issue (aka OPTASK) Custom Form.

Give it a go, and let me know!

EXISTS:a:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=OPTASK

EXISTS:a:projectID=FIELD:projectID

EXISTS:a:objectCategoriesMM:ID=5ece83ad03929781855ee8c61f8af101

EXISTS:a:objectCategoriesMM:ID_Mod=in

EXISTS:a:project:groupID=8c8b7ce07cbbec50e0530a093a0a0f6b

EXISTS:a:project:groupID_Mod=in

Regards,

Doug

😱 Pretty dang tough on both counts, btw: thanks for the challenge!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 7

Hi Sean,

I'm not sure you need to use the EXISTS textmode for this. In the filter, you can just select Project -> Category ID = "ABC123" and the report should work.

Maybe I am missing something but let me know if this works for you.

0694X00000DTSQuQAP.png0694X00000DTSQpQAP.png

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 3

Hi, Teale.

Thank you so much for looking into this. Unfortunately, when I try to add a filter in standard made making the Project Category ID equal to that of the custom form, I get no results. Since I know we have a few dozen projects with this form attached, this solution does not fulfill our requirements.

Thank you again.

Level 10

Hi Sean,

I invite you to give this version a try, which will include Projects where the Category in question is "among" all Categories (vs being the first):

EXISTS:a:$$OBJCODE=PROJ

EXISTS:a:ID=FIELD:projectID

EXISTS:a:groupID=8c8b7ce07cbbec50e0530a093a0a0f6b

EXISTS:a:groupID_Mod=in

@NRYN R - inactive‚, at your convenience, this might be a nice addition for the WF-Pro EXISTS / NOTEXISTS archive.

Regards,

Doug

I was hoping someone more skilled than me would jump in here and help Sean. Thanks Doug!

Hi, Doug.

I really appreciate the input but, unfortunately, this solution did not return any results either. Do you happen to have any other ideas?

Thanks!

Level 10

Hmm...curious, Sean.

I tested what I'd sent above in my own environment and confirmed it worked, so suspect we're doing something different. Here's a checklist of my assumptions:

• the report type is Baseline (as opposed to Baseline Task, or Project)
  • the ID of the Project level custom form (objectCategoriesMM:ID) is correct, which I confirmed by showing it on a Project view, then copy/pasted
  • the ID of the Project's Group (groupID) is correct, which (again) by showing it on a Project view, then copy/pasted
  • at least one Project that matches both of those two IDs, respectively, exists, which I confirmed as I was developing the filter, but you could double-check by directly filtering for both in a Project report
  • the user running the report has at least View access to and can therefor see such matching Project(s), which I confirmed by running as "me" (SysAdmin)
  • there are no copy/paste errors, which I confirmed in my environment by running it, but then "swapped in yours" before posting my reply

Regards,

Doug

Hi, Doug.

It looks like you're looking for a Project-level custom form but I'm looking for an Issue-level custom form as per the original post. That being the case, are you able to help modify the last version of the filter you sent over?

I really appreciate your work on this.

Thanks so much!

Correct answer by
Level 10

Ah...well spotted Sean,

The good news is that my oversight explains where we differed, and therefor received different results. The bad news it that what you're asking for is even harder.

However...

This version worked in my environment, and again, I've swapped in your GUIDs, leaving the 8c8b7ce07cbbec50e0530a093a0a0f6b Group at the Project level, but (now realizing that) the 5ece83ad03929781855ee8c61f8af101 is for an Issue (aka OPTASK) Custom Form.

Give it a go, and let me know!

EXISTS:a:project:groupID=8c8b7ce07cbbec50e0530a093a0a0f6b

EXISTS:a:project:groupID_Mod=in

Regards,

Doug

😱 Pretty dang tough on both counts, btw: thanks for the challenge!

Thank you, Doug!

At first, this didn't work. Then I decided to test my Category ID and Group ID in an Issue Report. While both IDs are correct, I discovered that the 'Group ID' I was looking for is called 'Category Group ID' and is an Issue-level object. I can't find that object in the API explorer but, when I eliminate the 'Group ID' line from the solution you provided, everything works - I'm seeing the results I was expecting to see. I don't think it's necessary to figure out how to write the 'Category Group ID' line in the 'EXISTS' statement but let me know if you think it's worth figuring out. Do you want to post the following and I can mark it as the best solution?

Again, thank you so much for your help! This one was driving me crazy! 😄