Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Avg. time logged of task.

Level 3
Hello, I'm trying to create a report to find out what the avg amount logged for a task is, so then I can adjust my templates according to the avg time that specific task gets. I have a filter to pull out the task but am having a hard time figuring out what I need from Groupings or any other filters to spit out the time logged for that task. Also wondering if I would be able to pull out the avg from WF or if I need to extract the data onto excel and then calculate the avg on there? If anyone could give me a little guidance, that would be awesome. Thank you! Marisol C. Creative
1 Reply

Level 7
What you want to do is add column for Task Actual Hours in your report, and then for the column, indicate to summarize by Average. Next, apply a Grouping for your report (any Grouping that you want). And, also be sure to add any additional filters to the report that you may need. Then, when you run the report you will see the summarized Task Actual Hours indicating the Average. Terry Hynd EBSCO Information Services