Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

AVERAGE on custom field in report

Level 3
Is it possible to run the AVERAGE aggregation function on a custom field in a report using Text Mode? If so, could someone please post the code needed to do so? I have a custom field that is a simple drop-down 0-3. Would like the report displaying this field this show me the average of this field for each grouping. Cameron Howitt
3 Replies

Level 8
In the column settings, there is a dropdown that shows various options, and Average is one of them. Is that what you had in mind? The average will show up in whatever grouping you selected. Adina Pierce Cisco

Level 4
Cameron, Adina is correct on how to get the average but I am guessing you are not seeing this option when adding that field to the report. If this is the case, you need to make sure the custom field is a number field and not a text field. In order to make it a number field, Workfront requires you to make a new field as a number field and delete the old field. If you have a bunch of records using that field already I would make the new number field, create a report with both fields on it, in-line edit the new field on the report to match the old field and then delete it. I hope this helps! David Taylor - moventus davidtaylor@moventus.net 303-519-5238

Level 3
This worked! Thanks everyone for your prompt replies. Cameron Howitt