Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Assigning team to the group

Level 2
Hi, Is there a way to assign a team to the group or sub-group? Kind regards Artur Artur Zarychta DCI-Artform
2 Replies

Level 7
Hello Artur, Groups have been created to represent a group, or department of people. Teams have been created to represent a team of people that can work on items. You can't assign one to another, but you can have users in both a group and a team. From a project manager perspective, you can assign a specific group to a project, take for example "Support". You could have a group called Support, which would encapsulate all of your support teams, and then you would assign that group to a project for say Support Requests. You can then edit the Queue Setup to automatically route new requests (issue objects) to specific teams. Say for instance you have Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, etc. You would have different queue topics, each corresponding to the team that would work on it. I hope this information helps explain how Workfront handles teams vs groups! Thanks, Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 2
Hello Dustin, It does help, thank you. I was just hoping that I can build a structure using team as sub-groups, if that make sense. So for example, I would be able to create general group for Design team and then assign teams like: Engineering Design, Development Design etc. Thanks Artur Zarychta DCI-Artform