Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Are cards from boards showing in "my work" widget?

Level 1

When you create a new card that is not connected to any existing Project in Workfront, and assign it to someone, does this card appear in the assignee's "My Work" widget? 

I tested a bit and I assume the answer is "no", but I would like to get an official confirmation, as well as perhaps a suggestion on how to turn this on.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

My understanding is "no" since a non-connected card has no associated project, and therefore wouldn't be able to be displayed in the same widget as project work. I'm guessing this is why there's a "Boards" widget for the home screen.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

My understanding is "no" since a non-connected card has no associated project, and therefore wouldn't be able to be displayed in the same widget as project work. I'm guessing this is why there's a "Boards" widget for the home screen.

Community Advisor

I'm not sure what you mean by "official" but want to point out that this forum is largely manned by other customers. If we're not official enough for you, my advice would be that you submit a case to Support (they're usually considered quite official -- again, I should probably wait to hear your definition -- if you're hoping for word from the manager of this functionality, you can reach out via your sales rep)

Level 1

Apologies, bad choice of words. I meant "community confirmation". Thanks for the quick response though. From my testing I'm also pretty sure the answer is a "no", so I think that settles it. Shame though, work that someone assigns to a user in Boards should also be considered as "my work"

Community Advisor

I agree completely. It's been my argument from the start, that you can't just allow people to randomly create cards without linking them to "legitimate work" i.e. Workfront didn't create this functionality in order to recognize cards as work, hence it's not acknowledged in the system unless you link a card to a task -- however, you know how users are, give them a new toy and they immediately want to use it for something other than what you intended....