Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Archiving Projects?

Level 10
I'm wondering if there are any best practices for projects that have closed. Is there a suggested archiving system or do portfolios/programs continue to house ALL projects both active and completed. Our portfolios are created based by business area.
2 Replies

Level 2
Susan; Archive is WF is really just a specific Project Status. This Status can then be excluded or shown in Reports of Filters. This is also the difference between All and Current projects from many built in views. I always suggest that Status help "tell the story" so if your company refers to Completed projects as Archived you may want to update the appropriate Project status to reflect that for the Company. Join me on LinkedIN

Level 10
Hi Susan, For us, once a project is Complete, that is archived for us. We keep everything in Workfront so we can do trend reporting. There are a few offices that require their PM to download all the documents to put on our internal client work server. There is no storage limit on Workfront objects and because we have so many users, we don't really have to worry about document storage (but you might want to follow up with me on that in a few years. ;) )