Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Approval reporting

Level 1
Hi I'm just starting to get the hang of reporting but I'm stuck. I'm trying to set up a view of upcoming approvals for a specific home team or users, preferably in a gantt view calendar but any report would be a start. I considered finding approvals by assigning the team to the task to be approved but this won't work. Is there a way to filter on the approvals? There are normally multiple approvals steps. Everything I've tried has been fruitless. I've started looking at the API options but I could do with a point in the right direction if anyone could help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Faye
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 5
I don't have a complete answer, but you can filter a task report by the approval process ID is not blank or equal to a specific approval process. And then add a filter for tasks that either is complete = false or in other "pre-approval" status conditions. You can also see all in flight approvals for a task/project/issue by current approval process step. Hope that helps set you in the right direction. -- Melinda Layten, Senior Consultant Work Management Improvement CapabilitySource Phone: (484) 505-6855 site: "https://www.capabilitysource.com" www.capabilitysource.com email: "mailto:melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com" melinda.layten@capabilitysource.com<

Level 10
One more piece of the puzzle is that you can report on the results of the approval process (rather than just the tasks which are currently awaiting approval. You can add this text mode field to a task report: displayname=Approval Status listmethod=nested(approverStatuses).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression={status} valueformat=HTML The codes output are as follows: NA (Not Available) AA (Awaiting Approval) AD (Approved) RJ (Rejected) David Cornwell

Level 2
David, just looking for a little bit more help here. I would like to have a report view that shows the status of each Stage (some have 3 or 4 stages) in a view similar to the Approvals tab, if that makes sense. For example, Issue #1 would show that Stage 1 was Awaiting Approval, but also clearly show that stage 2 and 3 are not available. Issue #2 may show that Stage 1 and 2 were approved and Stage 3 was AA. The code you have above gets me started down the path, but if I could see which status applies to each stage, maybe I could split it and show side by side columns displaying status for each stage? Sorry, I'm still green when it comes to this. David Ammons Corning Optical Communications LLC