Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Applying group's custom task statuses to that groups project

Level 1

I am having trouble using my group's custom statuses on a project on. I have followed to documentation to create the statuses and assign them to the user group and not the whole system. When I navigate back to this project and into a task, the custom statuses do not appear. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to ensure that the group associated with the project (in the project settings) is the same as the group that utilises these custom statuses. Once you've updated the project group, you should find that your custom task statuses are visible and available for use.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to ensure that the group associated with the project (in the project settings) is the same as the group that utilises these custom statuses. Once you've updated the project group, you should find that your custom task statuses are visible and available for use.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Community Advisor

As Richard mentioned, the group with the statuses that you want to see needs to be associated to the project you want to see those statuses on.

This was a concept that took me awhile to grasp and I still pause when I need to deal with it. The statuses that show on a project/task/issue are the statuses that belong to the group shown in the project details, not the group that the user looking at those status belongs to.