Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

api that touches in app notifications

Level 10
I've looked at the api explorer and can't seem to find the obj that would touch in app notifications. Is there such a thing? If I want to mark things read in app, is there a way to do this? Polly Co
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi Polly, I presume you're not talking about creating directed updates (which result in notifications) via the API, but rather you want to know how to mark them read/unread etc? I can help with the former if that helps. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
Hi David, I am actually looking to mark items read on the in app notification. However, since we're already in the topic of directed updates which I already do for some automation, I have not been able to change the owner of the update to somebody else, it's always under my name. I've asked support about this before and they said I can't modify the owner of the update. Are you able to do this? Polly Co

Level 10
No, I wouldn't think you could impersonate another user without logging in. The only option would be to create another account for the API usage and use its API key so that people can see that it wasn't you personally writing the update. David Cornwell