Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Anyone use the API call Assign Categories

Level 2
We have a system where our ERP is creating issues in workfront via the API. Part of the process is that it assigns category to the issue. We now have a need to assign multiple categories to an issue which works if I call assignCategory multiple times with each category ID. I saw in the API Explorer that there is an assignCategories call with the following arguments: objID (string) objCode (string) categoryIDs (string[]) However when I run it I get an error { "error": { "class": "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException", "message": "java.lang.ClassCastException@1de4e1df" } } I'm guessing that I'm not sending the Category IDs correctly in the URL. I tried text: Category ID 1, Category ID 2 , a JSON array: ["Category ID 1","Category ID 2"] but no luck. Anyone else out there ever use this API? Thanks, Tim Tim Shenton
1 Reply

Level 2
Hi Tim! I'm facing a similar problem. I need to assign multiple categories to projects from the API. Have you made progress? Marcelo Teixeira Pauleti AgenciaClick Isobar