Expand my Community achievements bar.

Allocation

Level 1
I am trying to create a report with the same metrics as the resource grid. What I mean is I am trying to create a report that is grouped by month, that shows the total planned allocation hours and the total number of available hours for a specific resource pool (which is just a filter). Is there any way this can be done? The information is technically in workfront but I dont know how to find it. Peter Rose
5 Replies

Level 1
On the left it has the planned hours / On the right has the total number of hours available Peter Rose

Level 10
Hi @Peter Rose - just to confirm, are you wanting the total to be per person per month? Or a total sum across all the people of the given resource pool? In terms of the resource grid, which I presume you know is being removed soon - the replacement is the Resource Planner. This gives you the total available hours and planned hours per resource at a quarterly, monthly, weekly level. It just doesn't give you a collective total for the resources displayed. If you want the collective total and are handy with Excel or other reporting tools then you could work that out by exporting the data. I don't think you're wanting to see allocations at a daily level but if you were, there is currently no way to report on it (yet at least) using the new Resource Planner. You can view daily allocations it in the Scheduler / Teams Working On Calendar, but there is no way to total it. I'm hoping daily values are added to the Resource Planner at some stage as this is something you can do in the old Resource Grid. Regards, David Cornwell

Level 10
Hi Peter, You will be able to do it - but it would be by Job Role not a named user. To do it, I've created Resource Estimates report which shows about allocation (like Resource Grid) and it's grouped by month using Matrix report. It works for us hence having job roles equal with teams name. So the report like that gives us an idea how much resource by job roles/skills we need by month/year. Dagmara Garwell BAKKAVOR LTD

Level 1
I am okay with per resource pool, though at a granular level would be nice. Peter Rose

Level 1
I wanted to see if we could do it monthly but pull it in a report. Peter Rose Bishop Fox