Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Fixed Allocated Time > Duration > Effort. How to manage this with >50 identical projects

Level 2

I have a client working in the FMCG industry.

Each year they have several >50 project of new packages or package reviews.
The projects are identical and pass through the same process and same teams, people.
The projects has a few macrophases (6) each whith sub tasks.
The macrophases have allocated times of few weeks or months, during this allocated time all identical task for each 50 project must be completed.
The duration of the subtask is much shorter, and the effort is even shorter (some are hours)
There is no real "formal" project management, and the project managment literacy across the company is low.

I need a clever way to:
- represent to project owner how all tasks in the macrophase are proceiding 

- give the assignee that will receive 50 identical tasks for different projects, the ability to schedule them in the allocated time, moving them around with a clear undrstandin of the mandatory deadline of each task.
(consider that a typical assignee will recieve 4-5 task for each project for >50 projects)

Here you may find a dummy example of the first macrophase (recreated with dummy assignee on test drive).

MarcoDona_0-1711478396617.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @MarcoDona,

Juicy challenge: thanks for posting!

Using native Workfront functionality, I'd recommend the Usual Suspects (ASAP based Templates, Workload Balancer, Reporting, etc.) -- others can elaborate as they see fit -- and encourage you to use unique task names (at least within a parent task, but ideally within the entire project), as well as assigning tasks to just a single user wherever possible.

On the FM and clever side, I also invite you to also consider:

• our Enterprise Stopwatch solution to help your folks easily focus on, navigate to, and/or record time  (if you do so) against their tasks, noting that we recently added an option that reveals the parent task for context, as below
  • our Hot Sheet solution to efficiently distill your upcoming work down to those tasks planned to finish (or overdue) within the next 3, 4, or 5 business days
  • our Capacity Charts solution to easily create insightful resource management reports with only basic Workfront setup (given your "no real formal project management" comment)

Happy to discuss further via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

StopwatchShowParent

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @MarcoDona,

Juicy challenge: thanks for posting!

Using native Workfront functionality, I'd recommend the Usual Suspects (ASAP based Templates, Workload Balancer, Reporting, etc.) -- others can elaborate as they see fit -- and encourage you to use unique task names (at least within a parent task, but ideally within the entire project), as well as assigning tasks to just a single user wherever possible.

On the FM and clever side, I also invite you to also consider:

• our Enterprise Stopwatch solution to help your folks easily focus on, navigate to, and/or record time  (if you do so) against their tasks, noting that we recently added an option that reveals the parent task for context, as below
  • our Hot Sheet solution to efficiently distill your upcoming work down to those tasks planned to finish (or overdue) within the next 3, 4, or 5 business days
  • our Capacity Charts solution to easily create insightful resource management reports with only basic Workfront setup (given your "no real formal project management" comment)

Happy to discuss further via doug.denhoed@atappstore.com

Regards,

Doug

StopwatchShowParent

Thanks Doug I will surely take a look, but I am actually looking for a solution within the current capabilities of workfront at the moment.
Thank you
Marco