Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Adding same custom form multiple times on one project - need same field multiple times on custom form.

Level 7

You used to not be able to add the same custom form multiple times. Is that still true? We have a use case where we will need the same field multiple times on a custom field but there will not be a clear-cut number each time. Is there a way around this on one custom form? Or can we add multiple forms. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Marla - 

You can not add the same form multiple times to an object.

If you added a second form that contains the same custom fields as the previous form, the fields will all update to the same values. Essentially, Workfront only stores a single value for a custom field on an object. 

To capture different answers you would need to utilize different custom fields on the form.

(I would be curious to know what it is you are trying to accomplish by using the same forms and fields)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Marla - 

You can not add the same form multiple times to an object.

If you added a second form that contains the same custom fields as the previous form, the fields will all update to the same values. Essentially, Workfront only stores a single value for a custom field on an object. 

To capture different answers you would need to utilize different custom fields on the form.

(I would be curious to know what it is you are trying to accomplish by using the same forms and fields)

Level 1

Is there a sub-object with custom fields you could use to capture the information?  Like adding requests  to a task or project for each instance?