Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Active Projects by Team

Level 5

I thought this would be an easy one but for some reason I am stumped on how to accomplish this.. I am looking to build a report (chart) that shows how many active projects each Team has currently.

I tried filtering and grouping by Home Team ID but the ID option just gives a bunch of numbers & letters rather than the actual team name. Any help is appreciated :)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kasey,

Unfortunately, team name isn't available in the report builder for grouping (annoying right!?). You could get to the team name by writing a text mode grouping in your report, however you wouldn't be able to show this grouping in a chart.

The best way to achieve this would be to create a calculated field to return the team name and attach it to your projects via a custom form. This field would be available for grouping within your project reports. The calculation you use will depend on how you are defining the team (i.e. is it the Project Owners team, or the team of the person who created the project). Assuming that you are defining team as the Project Owners Home team, using the the text mode 'Owner.Home Team.Name' in your calculation would work.

Does that help / make sense?

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kasey,

Unfortunately, team name isn't available in the report builder for grouping (annoying right!?). You could get to the team name by writing a text mode grouping in your report, however you wouldn't be able to show this grouping in a chart.

The best way to achieve this would be to create a calculated field to return the team name and attach it to your projects via a custom form. This field would be available for grouping within your project reports. The calculation you use will depend on how you are defining the team (i.e. is it the Project Owners team, or the team of the person who created the project). Assuming that you are defining team as the Project Owners Home team, using the the text mode 'Owner.Home Team.Name' in your calculation would work.

Does that help / make sense?

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 5

Thank you very much, I will try going this route :)