Expand my Community achievements bar.

Abbreviate "Days", "Minutes" & "Hours" Labels in a View

Level 2
Hi All, Does anyone know if there's a text mode edit to change the spelled out Days, Hours, Minutes labels in Duration and Planned Hours columns? I know you can do it for a calculated column or grouping, but all I want is to be able to change those to M , H , or D , so my columns can stay skinny without anything breaking to a new line. I'm crazy about making my tasks in my project view fit on one line. I don't know why, but it's an obsession. I've sacrificed a few useful columns to make it work, but I can't cut out anymore and still quickly inline edit how I need to, so I thought I'd see if the community knows since I can't figure it out myself. I know you can set custom widths, but I haven't been able to make that work yet. Thanks! Sarah Maltas
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Sorry Sarah, The only way I know of to shorten the "days" to "d" (etc.) is to use valueexpression (vs valuefield)...but doing so would also make the cell read only, defeating your other requirement. It's annoying that OCD isn't in alphabetical order. Regards, Doug

Level 7
Hi Sarah, Doug is spot on with this one, if you switch valuefield to valueexpression, the column is no longer inline editable, but you can append S, M, H, or D to the end of your expression. The Hours name at the end is to make it easier to see at a quick glance what type of data you're looking at, at least that was the original intent many many years ago. Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront