Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Push text from a Salesforce field into a Workfront Rich text field

Level 4

Hi - does have anyone have a solution for pushing text from a Salesforce field into a Workfront Rich text field using Fusion? I've been to this page (Rich text fields in the Adobe Workfront API | Adobe Workfront) but I'm not a developer so I need a little more guidance. If anyone would be willing to share I would really appreciate it. Thanks! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 6

Hi - are you hoping to take formatted text out of Salesforce and have it be formatted text in Workfront?  Or just take plain text from SF and write it into a rich text field in WF?

I don't love WF's rich text fields because they don't display correctly in all settings, so we don't use many of them.  However, I just jumped into Fusion and they appear to be working the same as any other field through the Workfront > Update a Record module.

We originally were pulling a Salesforce account description/notes field into WF, but we ran into character limits where we needed to build text truncation logic into WF.  I think we did that work, but we stopped using it a while back, so I don't remember the details.

Level 4

Hi, Jason

I'm just taking plain text from SF and writing it to a rich text field in WF. I'm able to add the rich text field to the scenario but when it runs, it errors out with that field with a 403 Runtime error saying the parameter is invalid. I've been told that we have to create a JSON module and then do a custom API call to get this to work but I'm not a developer and am not as familiar with these types of builds.  

Thanks,
Michelle

Community Advisor

To ask a question, would it be possible to push the values into a simple text string field, instead of a rich text field? With a simple text string it's just setting the field equal to your string.

If it has to be a rich text field, then that's correct, you have to build a JSON string and write that string into the RTF property. Here is a link to an Adobe article covering it.