Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Project Task Count

Level 5

My coworker wants to run a Fusion automation on the last task in a project (the final task number and name will vary by template).

My thought was to have a filter to identify tasks where the task number equals the total number of tasks in the project.  I see totalTaskCount as an available project field in the API, but I don't see it in Fusion (I'm looking at the WF Read a Record module with Project as the record type).

I could create a custom project field with totalTaskCount and compare the task number to that, but is there a way to pull this info from Fusion directly?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can certainly get totalTaskCount in Fusion:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1707301298406.png

you will get the number as output:

Rafal_Bainie_1-1707301335565.png

still I'm not sure what the intent is, but hope this is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 7

Can you share a screenshot of your scenario please?

Level 5

This is it (at least the relevant part).

My coworker wants to update a custom project field based off of a selection made on a custom task field.  I believe he has the custom task form attached to all tasks in the templates he's using, but it's the value of the final task he wants passed back to the project form.

In our sandbox preview environment, I had created a custom project field to calculate the total number of tasks, but from Rafal Bainie's post below, I see that I can enter totalTaskCount as an output in the mapping panel.

KristenS_WF_0-1707335792026.png

Level 5

task/search?projectID=VALUE&indent=TOP_LEVEL&taskNumber_1_Sort=desc&$$LIMIT=1

Something like this.  The taskNumber field is the one that I think you want to use for ordering to get the "last" one.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

you can certainly get totalTaskCount in Fusion:

Rafal_Bainie_0-1707301298406.png

you will get the number as output:

Rafal_Bainie_1-1707301335565.png

still I'm not sure what the intent is, but hope this is helpful

Level 5

Thanks!  I didn't see totalTaskCount as an available field in the output list, and it didn't occur to me to type it in directly using the mapping panel.