Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is Fusion able to update user notification settings on user profiles.

Level 7

New user here, so bear with me. We have a use case, where we would like to update new user settings with Fusion. As a part of that, we would like to be able to update the user's notifications settings on their profile. Is this something Fusion can do?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 6

You can explore the APIs available via https://developer.adobe.com/workfront/api-explorer/.  If you search for "User", you can find a few options, like "User Preferences", etc.  I don't know all the various options that exist, but you may want to try a few Fusion Custom API calls to the various endpoints (OBJCODE/search) with fields=* specified to grab a sampling of the options that exist and see which one(s) might be needed to meet your specific use case needs.

Level 2

On a high level these steps will allow you to access and update user preferences using Fusion.

Watch for New user record --> Read a record (UserID) -- select "userPrefValues" from Collections section

Iterate though the Collection Preference and make a Custom API call and do the necessary updates using the Post methods "userpf?updates=

Level 1

I've run into a similar issue. The problem i'm having is that user preferences is a collection. The individual user preferences do not have an ID which means you can edit them individually and the userPrefValues collection is very large so you can't edit the collection via an API call.