Expand my Community achievements bar.

Conditional formatting based on two columns

Level 2

Hiya, 

I creating a user tracking report and I'm wondering if it's possible to add conditional formatting based on two columns. Essentially I want to have a row with the background colour as yellow if the last login date column field is blank and the entry date column field is less than 6 months ago. Is there a way to do this? I've had a quick look at the documentation on conditional formatting but could only see a way to set the colour based on one column, not two, so thought I'd ask here. Thanks!

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Tiffany,

Conditional processing is applied "top to bottom" in that it will display whatever criteria first matches the data for a particular report row, so in your case, you could add a first rule that checks for Last Login Date that is NOT blank and formats those in a certain way (e.g. green background), and then add a second rule that checks for Entry Date less than 6 months that sets the background yellow, and (optionally, but I believe consistent and of value) add a third rule that checks for Entry Date not blank (effectively, "always true, if you get this far") with a red background, calling out those users set up over 6 months ago but who have still never logged in (suggesting their license could be recouped and repurposed).

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug, 

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer, this doesn't quite work the way I was looking for, but really appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Tiffany