Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

XDM schema custom attributes not appearing while creating build rule in segments

Level 4

These Are the steps I followed to fetch the attribute for creating build rule segments

1.Created XDM individual profile with custom attributes.
2.Created a dataset for it and load the csv data from local system in to respective dataset.
3.Data has uploaded successfully.
4.I checked in XDM individual profiles>Aeppsemea But couldn't find the attribute also attached a image for reference
Kindly let me know if I missed anything.

VV97_0-1699944548472.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vani97 - For the attributes to appear as part of individual profile, the identity needs to be a person id. If its a non person identifier then you can leverage it only via relationship and not directly.

Thanks,

Arpan

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @vani97 - In my experience, it take 15-30 minutes for it to reflect in the segment builder. Can you recheck it if it works?

Was the schema and dataset also enabled for profile?

Thanks,

Arpan

Level 4

I enabled both the XDM schema and Datasets the only thing I haven't Include person Id in my csv data while ingesting data from local file system 
Thanks !

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @vani97 - For the attributes to appear as part of individual profile, the identity needs to be a person id. If its a non person identifier then you can leverage it only via relationship and not directly.

Thanks,

Arpan

Level 4

Hi @arpan-garg -Could you please provide steps to create non person identifier schemes how i can able to leverage it via relationship -Need more clarification on that.

Community Advisor

For non person identifier schemas, you should not be using individual profile class. You would have to use a a new class if for instance, you bring in product data into CDP, and then tie it to behavioral data using a schema relationship. 

You can read more here: Define a Relationship Between Two Schemas Using the Schema Editor | Adobe Experience Platform