Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SFMC Source Adding Data for Engagement Tracking

Level 3

Hello everyone,

Im doing some testing in Adobe CDP with the SFMC source connector. I am trying to figure out which SFMC object would house engagement tracking details but I am unable to find the correct object (see screenshot). Does anyone know which SFMC object would correspond to engagement activity?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@RyanMoravick You may get more from other folks in this community but I'm from Support and we got this reported by another customer already where they noticed the tables available looked to be "setup" tables within SFMC and not the tracking data.

The main reason for this is that the current SFMC source connector is built on top of  Salesforce Marketing Cloud REST API.

All the Tracking tables are only supported by SOAP APIs.

Note we have a couple of Engineering tasks (enhancement requests) for this for plans to support SOAP APIs. I don't yet have a timeframe for this but will add this post to the report for added traction.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@RyanMoravick You may get more from other folks in this community but I'm from Support and we got this reported by another customer already where they noticed the tables available looked to be "setup" tables within SFMC and not the tracking data.

The main reason for this is that the current SFMC source connector is built on top of  Salesforce Marketing Cloud REST API.

All the Tracking tables are only supported by SOAP APIs.

Note we have a couple of Engineering tasks (enhancement requests) for this for plans to support SOAP APIs. I don't yet have a timeframe for this but will add this post to the report for added traction.

Level 3

Hey @Tof_Jossic thank you for the reply that is super helpful! Do you know if the tracking tables only being supported by SOAP APIs applies to all engagement channels, or at least email, sms, and push for SFMC?

Thanks!

Employee Advisor

@RyanMoravick I wouldn't know I'm afraid, you may have to direct this to Salesforce. I had a quick look at the documentation and the SOAP API tracking data section does not seem to make a distinction. I'll update again if I get any information but I'm not familiar enough with these APIs. I've already pointed the teams to this post and I'll also make sure to leave a note regarding the other engagement channels being of interest as well.