Expand my Community achievements bar.

Pulling more recent analytics data for segmentation

Level 3

Hi,

When segmenting, how can I pull the most recent data from analytics.  I had used computed attributes, but that doesn't seem to work so wondering if there is any other way to do this. 

Thanks

7 Replies

Level 7

Hi @CBSIMP , 

Assuming you are utilizing the source connector of Adobe analytics to inject the analytics data in AEP . In that case should not the latest automatic data automatically flow in AEP ? 

Or is there some other scenario ?

Thanks,

Somen

Level 3

Hi @somen-sarkar,

We are getting data from yesterday and day before yesterday as well.  So, in that case, I want to be able to pull the recent info. 

Thanks

Employee

Hello @CBSIMP 

What is the use case you are attempting to implement with segmentation. 

You may be able to use computed attributes or event date logic to achieve the use case.

Level 3

Hi @brekrut,

I am trying to segment users who have set their preference as 1, which can be toggled and set to 0.  I tried computed attributes, but it doesn't seem to bring any data back even though there is data. 

Thanks

Level 2

Hi @CBSIMP 

You can try the following approach:

1. Utilize RTCDP's segmentation features to create segments that are updated in real-time as new data comes in. This can be useful for pulling the most recent data points based on certain criteria.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/rtcdp/segmentation/segment-builder-guide...

2. If you are using Adobe Customer Journey Analytics (CJA), you can integrate it with RTCDP to visualise and analyse the most recent data. CJA also provides a more comprehensive view of the customer journey and can pull in real-time data from multiple sources, including Adobe Analytics.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics-platform/using/cja-components/audiences/publish

@amritakedia1 

Community Advisor

Hello @CBSIMP This can be achieved by Audience composition and computed attributes but not in real time. Both of these features will take more than 24 hours to updated the data.

You can directly update the preferences in a XDM Individual class schema and report on that.

Manoj
     Find me on LinkedIn

Level 3

@CBSIMP 

I see that you are already utilising the OOTB Connector for AA in AEP.
Adobe Analytics Source Connector for Report-Suite Data | Adobe Experience Platform, as you can see here, the latest data is automatically synced with a latency of <2 minutes to the RTCDP.
So, if the dataflow is enabled and the dataset is enabled for profile, you should be able to see the data available for Segmentation already. 

It would help to manually check for one profile and see if the data is present in the Profile UI and verify/debug the dataflow.

It would also be tricky, if one is bringing more than one report suite, since the XDM paths are the key for RTCDP updates. 

Since these are event schemas, Computed attributes should be working for the usecase. Please be mindful of the Lookback periods, https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/profile/computed-attributes/overview#... , switch to a 24 hour lookback period, this enables hourly update of the attribute and then use this attribute in the final segmentation(audience).