Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Abhinav Balooni] Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion/Contextual thread for your Adobe Real-Time CDP Community Mentor, Abhinav Balooni!

Abhinav will be your dedicated mentor, providing valuable support and guidance on your Adobe Real-Time CDP queries as you upskill yourself and prepare for Real-Time CDP certification throughout the program.

Know your Mentor Abhinav Balooni (aka @abhinavbalooni   )

Abhinav is a martech industry leader with more than a decade of experience across the entire Adobe stack, He is certified on all the Adobe tools and an Adobe SME for RT-CDP too. He is keen to grow mutually by exchange of ideas during the program. 

He is excited to add value to the program by enabling his peers to get certified in RT-CDP.

Aspirants mapped to Abhinav Balooni

1) Shashi Chennachar aka @shashi_c23 
2) Abhishek Agarwal aka @AbhishekAg2 
3) Carlos Rojas aka @crojasm 
4) Navin Agarwalla aka @nagarwalla 
5) Ashish Gandhi aka @ag0531 
6) Martin Liu aka @pengfeil3410424 
7) Jeeva Ravi aka @JeevaRavi 
Shruti Kulkarni  aka @shrutikulkarni 
9) Emmylou Jordan aka @emjordan 
10) Young Min Lee aka @yabc7 
11) Kartikay Sharma aka @kartikays313099 

How to participate in the program

• Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, Abhinav Balooni, and fellow Aspirant peers.
  • Stand a chance to win the ‘Most Engaging Aspirant’ recognition from your mentor by participating in a weekly quiz.
  • Test your knowledge by replying to the unresolved questions in the Real-Time CDP and AEP community and tag your Mentor to get recognized as an ‘Exceptional Contributor’ by your mentor.
  • Stick to the schedule to cover one module/week and clear Adobe Real-Time CDP Certification during the program: July 15 – Aug 30

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot to stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program.
  • Introduce yourself to Abhinav Balooni and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe DX stack. 
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Real-Time Customer Data Platform Developer Expert certification (Exam ID: AD0-E605)
  • Stick to schedule and ensure you track your progress in the exam prep guide.
  • Test your learning by replying to weekly quiz by your mentor
  • Practice the modules by replying to unresolved queries in the AEP community & RTCDP Community and tag your mentor. 

Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and the Real-time CDP Community throughout the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

We wish you all the best as you embark on this learning experience!

12 Replies

Community Advisor

Thanks @NimashaJain for mapping the aspirants for so many mentors !

Hi All,

This is Abhinav, currently working as a Principal Architect with Anchora, based out of Sydney. 

I am certified as a RT-CDP developer and a Business Practitioner and I have also been part of the team helping set questions for the certification.

Looking forward to connecting with each one of you. Let's get everyone in this thread certified as a developer !

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 1

Nice to connect with you, @abhinavbalooni. Looking forward to learn and evolve. Thanks @NimashaJain for the initiative.

My name is Ashish Gandhi. I am working as Adobe Multi Solution Architect and based out of Toronto, Canada.

Let me break the ice with a question. I have a sandbox access and I have started practicing hands-on on AEP/AJO by following the reference videos on SPP. Do you have a recommendation or suggestions how to go about the learning journey from scratch to reach the certification level and eventually be job ready?

Looking forward to hearing from you. Cheers! 

Community Advisor

@ag0531 Hey Ashish ! Nice to e-meet you.

I would suggest starting with  exam prep guide.that @NimashaJain shared above. It has a very structured approach to each topic module wise ! This is a great resource for all the aspirants and was rolled out a couple of months ago.

Have a look and feel free to come back with any further queries.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 1

Hi @NimashaJain ,

Thank you so much for the initiative. I'm excited and glad to get this opportunity.

Hi @abhinavbalooni 

Nice to connect with you as a mentor and with the team.

This is Carlos. I have been working as an Adobe Senior Data Architect for the ACS Latam team since October 2021, based in Santiago, Chile.

I have worked on projects in both Latam and the US, not only as a Data Architect but also as an RTCP consultant and AJO consultant. This experience has given me a good understanding of AEP and its components.

In terms of experience with the Adobe stack, I am confident with ACC and ACS, thanks to various projects I have participated in. These experiences have pointed me toward growth and thinking in a multisolution role.

I've been interested in obtaining the RTCDP developer certification for a few months, so this program you provide is a great opportunity for me to get prepared and achieve it.

I will start going through the exam prep guide as you suggested. Looking forward to working with you.

Best regards, Carlos

Level 1

Thanks @NimashaJain.
Pleasure connecting with you @abhinavbalooni

I am Shruti Kulkarni, a Adobe Multi Solution Architect, based out of Toronto, Canada.

I have been working as an AEP & Data Architect for the past year and towards implementing journeys with RTCDP, CJA & AJO. My experience has been in Marketing Analytics and Customer Data Platforms. 
I have come across a lot of questions through the process as the product evolves. Hoping to have some nice exchange of thoughts with you and the community. 

I am interested in getting the RTCDP developer certification and will go through the exam prep guide as you suggested earlier as well. 
Looking forward to connecting more. 

Cheers,

Shruti

Community Advisor

It's amazing to see that almost everyone out here who has commented on the thread is already exposed to AEP as a platform.

With your kind of experience, it should be relatively easier to clear the certification  

Also, I will be posting a relatively easy weekly quiz tomorrow just to gauge the familiarity with the platform and then from next week we start module wise quizzes and doubts.

If you have already started looking at the documentation, feel free to post your queries in here and I will be glad to answer.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Community Advisor

@shashi_c23 @AbhishekAg2 @nagarwalla @pengfeil3410424 @JeevaRavi @emjordan @yabc7 @kartikays313099 Hey guys ! Hope you are well ! 

Feel free to introduce yourselves so that we can get started with the learning from your end too.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 2

Hi @abhinavbalooni  @NimashaJain and others,

I'm a Multi Solution Architect & Hands-On Developer based out of Detroit USA. Being a SME on AEM and Java, engaged in solving use cases on RTCDP and AJO platform. That's me in a nutshell.

This is a great initiative and opportunity to sharpen up the skills and deliver the best to solve the real world challenges.

Quick Question, Are you planning for a meeting dedicate for this audience  monthly/quarterly? Also could you please engage me on AJO as well if we have any such enrollments going on.

Community Advisor

Hi All,

RTCDP MP 24 | Weekly Quiz | Quiz 1

Here’s a quiz to get started ! This is more of a mixed one just to check all the topics at a macro level. Feel free to answer with a comment.

1. What two ways can we set identities while implementing web sdk ? Is there any advantage to using one over the other ?
  2. I have some additional product related metadata from my backend systems that I want to use to enrich the purchase behavior data coming in from my website. How do I go about achieving it ?
  3. We have some CRM data like address, name etc about customers that we would like to onboard, what class would we use to build a schema for this scenario ?
  4. There are different sources of information to bring in a customer’s marital status. Source 1 mentions ‘Single’ for customer A and Source 2 mentions ‘Married’ for customer A. What are the possible ways we can resolve this conflict?
  5. I have different batches of data feeding into a dataset during the day from different CRM tables. I observe, later during the day that my profile information that was showing up after the first load, is no more appearing for the profile after a couple of more dataflows which ran during the day. What might be causing this issue? How can we resolve it ?
  6. I have created an audience but I am not able to activate that audience to a Meta destination. What might be the possible reason for it ?
  7. What kind of audiences would help me achieve same page and next page personalisation?

Above are a few mix of questions around different aspects of RT-CDP/AEP which should get us started.

Let me know your responses in the comments below.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 2

1. Not explored much. 

2. Look up Schema with non person identities And Use audience composition feature the enrich and build audiences.

3. Its a class so XDM individual profile

4. By defining a merge policy (Time based?)

5. Dataset deleted OR data is over-ridden? Trouble shoot using a query on dataset?

6. Troubleshoot Destination configurations (could be authentication error)

7. Ofcourse, Edge Type audiences.

Level 1
  1.  - One of the ways is to use the AEP XDM schema mapping. The AEP schema comes with Identity map that will have the Identities in the schema. In Data collection, data elements can be mapped to these identity namespaces. WebSDK automatically feeds the IDs into the AEP datastream. Haven't explored the other API based option. 
  2. - Purchase related events from a website bring in some product data with the standard productListItems data type. To enrich more product detail fields, a new schema (to build a schema relationship with lookups) can be created. This schema can be of a third type 'Other' and have custom Product Class based field group. This can include fields from catalog, category, price, SKU, markdown date etc.
  3. - For the mentioned customer attributes - XDM Individual Profile class

4. - Leverage Merge policy methods to utilize which dataset will have have to be prioritized for the conflict in the customer's status attribute. Merging can either be based on Dataset Precedence or based on the Timestamp order. This will be determined based on understanding the source of data - is one updated after the other in the business process, or is there a delayed update from one source, or is one more reliable over the other.
  5. - This could be due to a few reasons like data getting overwritten, mismatched identities for the same customer, data expiration rule if set. To resolve, the dataflows have to be reviewed for merge/append, any filters used, matching identities and troubleshoot the profile.
  6. - Check the Destination Configuration in AEP for issues in auth, Check Meta's Audience Ad Targeting Guidelines (to define the audience), Audience size for Meta Ads has minimum 2million and max limit of 10 million, so the audience has to be in the criteria, Also check if all necessary attributes are mapped between AEP audience and Meta fields.
  7. - Edge audiences (for activation to Target)

Level 1

Thanks @NimashaJain for the initiative. @abhinavbalooni Glad to connect and looking forward to be mentored by you.

I am Abhishek Agarwal, an Adobe Multi Solution Architect based in Lucknow, India.

I have extensive experience with Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, Adobe Campaign Classic, and have recently expanded my expertise to include Adobe Experience Platform, Customer Journey Analytics, and Adobe Journey Optimizer. My primary focus has been in Marketing Automation and Analytics.

I am particularly interested in learning the RTCDP to deliver comprehensive and integrated solutions for my clients. This program presents a great opportunity for me to deepen my knowledge and achieve the RTCDP developer certification.

I look forward to engaging with all of you, learning from your experiences, and contributing to our shared knowledge. Let's make the most of this journey together.

Cheers,

Abhishek