Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to map the "idSpecific" object in field group "Consent and Preference Details" using Adobe RTCDP Streaming API?

Level 2

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble using the Adobe RTCDP Streaming API to map the `idSpecific` object under the field group "Consent and Preference Details."

I've attempted this several times, and most of the data maps correctly to the desired fields. However, I'm facing issues with the `idSpecific` object. When I map and validate, there are no errors, but once the API is called, the `idSpecific` object does not receive or update with any data.

The reason I want to use the `idSpecific` object is to control consents for different specific emails (as users might have multiple emails) .

Has anyone encountered this issue or can provide guidance on how to correctly map the `idSpecific` object?

Tried the following, map my idSpecific object to Adobe's idSpecific object:
Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 11.40.26 AM.png
And here's what my specific idSpecific object look like:
Screenshot 2024-07-04 at 11.52.21 AM.png

Thanks in advance for your help!

Feel free to adjust any part of this to better fit your specific situation!

Cheers,
Imv

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @bestImv 

Is there a specific reason you have the xdm: appended to the fields in the consent map? Rest of it looks alright. Can you try making a hit without the ‘xdm:’ in the payloas next to the fields? You might have to adjust the mapping accordingly.

I am assuming you might have looked at the payload on the consent field group documentation page but still putting the link and the sample code snippet below.:

"idSpecific": {
  "email": {
    "jdoe@example.com": {
      "marketing": {
          "val": "n"
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "ECID": {
    "37784337855396895622558625508046772577": {
      "collect": {
        "val": "y"
      },
      "adID": {
      },
        "push": {
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Could you align your consent field group according to the above payload?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/xdm/field-groups/profile/consents#ids...

Should work post that. I have used streaming API to update the field group and it works just fine.

Cheers,

Abhinav

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hey @bestImv 

Is there a specific reason you have the xdm: appended to the fields in the consent map? Rest of it looks alright. Can you try making a hit without the ‘xdm:’ in the payloas next to the fields? You might have to adjust the mapping accordingly.

I am assuming you might have looked at the payload on the consent field group documentation page but still putting the link and the sample code snippet below.:

"idSpecific": {
    "jdoe@example.com": {
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "ECID": {
    "37784337855396895622558625508046772577": {
      "collect": {
        "val": "y"
      },
      "adID": {
      },
        "push": {
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Could you align your consent field group according to the above payload?

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/xdm/field-groups/profile/consents#ids...

Should work post that. I have used streaming API to update the field group and it works just fine.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Level 2

Hi @abhinavbalooni,

Yes, it works after we removed xdm:. Initially, we used xdm: because we were utilizing sample data from the API call: https://platform.adobe.io/data/foundation/schemaregistry/rpc/sampledata/:SCHEMA_ID

To extend this question further, we are wondering about how manual CSV file mapping will work with the idSpecific object mapping. Specifically, in some systems, we can only generate CSV consent for specific emails. If the data is in CSV format, how can we map the idSpecific using the UI?

I posted this extended question here: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/real-time-customer-data-platform/manual-csv-file-ma...

Thanks,
Imv