Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Collect and Store Multiple User Preferences in Adobe Experience Platform (AEP)?

Level 2

Hi Community,

In a typical e-commerce scenario, users browse "multiple" product pages and add different items to their wish list (So multiple items preferences not single item preference). How can we collect and store these "multiple item" preferences in the user profile within Adobe Experience Platform (AEP)?

I've read the article, but it seems to only update a single item preference. In reality, users might have multiple preferences.

Any ideas on how to handle this?

Thanks,
Rap

Thanks,
Rap

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 2

Hi @AllenTs2 ,

One way which I can think off (and we have done that for one of our customers) is capture this wish list data Or browse data Or add to cart (but not checked out) through Adobe Analytics Or Web SDK and store it in a profile enabled schema which contains a Product list of these items. Below are more details:

1. Capture Abandon browse data via Analytics and use Query service to populate the same in a profile enabled dataset/schema.
  2. Capture Abandon Cart data via Web SDK and use AJO to populate the same in a profile enabled dataset/schema.
  3. Once this data is present in RTCDP then use segmentation to activate.

Thanks.

Prateek

Level 3

@AllenTs2 I agree with what @Prateek-Garg  mentioned above. Using the Web SDK "Product List Items", and tying this back to a specific schema that is enabled for profile will allow the ability to capture multiple items per consumer. I've seen this done in the past using SKU's or Product Numbers, to enabled marketing use cases.