Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Disconnect Audience Manager from AEP

Level 2

Hi Everyone, 

i have a requirement to turn off any connection that will help to restrict any incoming audiences from Audience Manager (AAM) flowing into from AEP. Additionally we need to delete the existing audiences from AEP Audiences sections which have origin as 'Audience Manager' as there is no option to delete from AEP console. I have attached the screenshot as well. Can someone guide me on this.

SubeAEP_0-1725531061579.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

- check for integration / ingestion point  , identity/segment service configuration  or sources that are actively sharing data with AEP - remove/disable them

- removal will stop future ingestion but not remove the existing/historical audience 

- remove segment/audience imported in AEP from Audience Manager

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

@SubeAEP I believe there is an autogenerated AAM Flow which you should be able to delete as a first step to stop anything else coming in

Correct answer by
Level 7

- check for integration / ingestion point  , identity/segment service configuration  or sources that are actively sharing data with AEP - remove/disable them

- removal will stop future ingestion but not remove the existing/historical audience 

- remove segment/audience imported in AEP from Audience Manager

Level 2

thanks @Rite18 for your answer, will proceed with the steps and will update.

Administrator

@SubeAEP Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Just an update on the deletion of audiences that show up in the AEP console with Audience Manager as the origin. @Tof_Jossic yes you are correct, we need to delete the AAM flow to stop further audience coming into AEP from AAM. Also the existing audiences and traits needs to be deleted from Audience Manager console, and the changes will reflect in AEP console as well. Thanks @Tof_Jossic @Rite18 @kautuk_sahni