Expand my Community achievements bar.

Could Non-activated audiences be deleted if it's leveraged as a piece of an audience that has been activated?

Level 3

Does the system recognize that an audience is a component of an another audience before you delete it? For example, if I have an activated audience (Audience X) that's made up of Attribute 2, Audience B, and Event 1, and I go to delete Audience B, will the system give a warning? What happens if I do delete Audience B?

4 Replies

Level 3

@kendallhall 

AEP does give out a warning and does not let you delete the subSegment(dependent Audience). It has a parent-child dependency in the metadata and any Update/Delete operation would be verified and then performed. This can also be looked in the API.

Level 5

Hi @kendallhall,

The API that @sreeCharan73 is referring to is Adobe Experience Platform Segmentation API.

To investigate dependencies or perform updates and deletions, you can use the following API endpoints:

GET Segment Definitions: To retrieve metadata about segments, including dependencies.

DELETE Segment: To attempt to delete a segment, which will trigger the dependency check.

Regards,

Celia

@jpetermarias 

Level 7

Hi @kendallhall , if you attempt to delete an audience that is referenced within another audience, the platform will prevent you from doing so and will display an error message similar to the one below."

Pradeep_Kumar_Srivastav_0-1722811449804.png

Please refer to FAQs at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-platform/segmentation/faq

Pradeep_Kumar_Srivastav_1-1722811522835.png

Hope this helps.